Welcome to the Home-Link webpage! Here you will find a variety of community groups for both adults and children as well as other community links and supports.
Our Home-Link Teacher, Laura Paterson, is always on hand to support families so please don’t hesitate to contact her no matter how small your question or query may be.
Community Supports during Covid-19
We understand this is a worrying and stressful time for many. We are gathering as much information as we can so families feel supported within the community during this time. At the moment the groups below are still running. We aim to update this information as and when we hear from our community links.
*Free Food Friday@WHALE Arts. This is a free community take away for people living in the Wester Hailes community. Pop along between 1 – 2pm each Friday to grab some freshly made food made by chef Paul.
* If you’re struggling to get fresh fruit and veg, Mark Murphy who are based in Sighthill Industrial Estate are making up essential boxes for £9.50. These are available for collection if you call in advance on 0131 335 3040.
* Food Bank – There will be no food bank at The Communiyt Flat for the time being. The Food Bank at the One Stop Shop in Broomhouse will still be open and you can contact them on 0131 443 6223.
* The Calders Residents Association have a supply of food items if your supplies are running low and you’re struggling to get anything. Please contact Michelle Robson on 07999347466.
* About Youth – youth clubs have been paused for the moment but Alan is still on hand to support the young people and families within the community. You can contact him in the following ways:
Contact: Alan Ross (Tel: 07849511279)
Facebook Messenger: @AlanAye
Snapchat: AboutYouthllowing ways:
* Stella from Maximise is available to offer support regarding benefits, housing and finances. These will be telephone appointments and you can contact her on 0131 442 2100 or email her at Stella.Farrell@chaiedinburgh.org.uk.
CHAI have also created a factsheet of the benefits or help available to those who are affected by Coronavirus. Please see below:
Click on the links to access the home-link bulletins.
March 2020: Home-Link Bulletin 12.3.20
January 2020: Home-Link Bulletin 14.1.20
November 2019: Home-Link Bulletin November